Primary teachers are some of the most amazing people to walk this planet. In fact, I consider primary teachers to have rockstar status. Don’t get me wrong, I am not forgetting the fabulous middle and secondary teachers. I could seriously write a whole new post about how great ya’ll are! But today, I am focusing on primary teachers because that’s where my experience lies. So, for your entertainment, humor, and reading pleasure, I present to you: 10 Reasons Why Primary Teachers Are Rockstars.
1. We have to know our stuff, because we teach 5+ subjects each day.
In all seriousness, most primary teachers plan, deliver instruction, and grade work for many subjects every day. That means we know a lot of information. You definitely want us on your trivia team.
2. We foster a love of reading for kids who might not even know how to read yet.
We have kids in our class who come out reading and LOVING books! In fact, at some point, we might have had some students who loved books before they could read.
3. We teach our kids more than what’s on the curriculum, even if we don’t have to.
Why? Because we want our kids to have the life skills that will make them successful! We enjoy teaching them many things that might not necessarily be in the standards.
4. We gracefully deal with helicopter parents.
Although it takes time, we all know that having an open door policy, and answering questions and concerns during the first few weeks of school will make for a great year.
5. We can make it to the restroom and back in record time.
I don’t know what’s better…the fact that we can return from the restroom in 43 seconds, or the fact that our kids know not to say a peep when a buddy teacher covers the room.
6. We know the difference between fake reading and real reading.
Although primary students make it a little more obvious, we know within a split second when it starts. We can tell fake reading from across the room, no matter what we are doing.
7. All it takes is one look, and the students know we mean business.
All primary teachers have some form of, “the look.”
8. Our students sometimes call us mom.
Yep. It happens…and it’s a huge compliment.
9. We smile a lot.
Even on our bad days when we don’t feel like it, we smile for the kids. And many times, the kids are the reason why we smile.
10. We are always on stage, and our kids are our biggest fans
We are always on stage. Even when we are not instructing, and our kids are working or presenting, they are always watching us, and they can sense everything.
Thanks for reading! If you liked this post, be sure to share or pin it for your teacher colleagues! If you want to stay updated with more content from me, be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Teachers Pay Teachers to keep up with the latest freebies, tips, and ideas.