If you are a teacher in the teaching world, there are just some photos that non-teachers will never understand. Here are 45 photos that won’t make sense to non-teachers.
1. When People Say Teaching is an Easy Job
2. And summer…when teachers can emerge from the darkness.
3. The unwritten rule that we are expected to fund our own classrooms.
4. The fact that we need our entire break to catch up on sleep.
5. Classroom Halloween Party is actually a synonym for unorganized chaos.
6. And when we hear a knock at our classroom door, we can actually hear time slipping out of our hands.
7. Knowing we walk the more steps than a marathon runner, and having to wear shoes with a cardboard-like sole.
8. That Friday Eve feeling is like nothing else when you are a teacher.
9. Any week before a break earns us bragging rights for at least three days.
10. Our classrooms can change from “tidy” to “cyclone” in a matter of 10 minutes.
11. It takes a lot of work to teach our students personal space.
12. We geek out when we approach any teaching store.
13. There is nothing worse than another teacher undermining your authority when they don’t know the whole story.
14. Our weekends consist of recharging our batteries so we can function around people come Monday.
15. There is NOTHING worse than getting a “come see me” anything.
16. There are always a couple in every bunch.
17. Not having any recess issues saves us SO much time when we get back into our classroom.
18. Why did the room of primary students suddenly get quiet without me prompting them to do so?
19. We know we did it well if our classroom can run by itself at the end of the year.
20. When at 7:00 am, the day just took a turn for the worse.
21. Everyone in the community has their own idea of what the last week of school is like.
22. Only teachers know the feeling when you just find out there is a sale on TPT. Load up your carts, people!
23. Teachers are more excited about the break than the kids are.
24. We have to divide by 3 whenever our husbands ask how much we spent.
25. Any other day of the year, bus duty is a hot mess. The last day of school, it’s the best duty around.
26. Seriously, did you just ask me if I wanted to donate for school supplies when I just bought a cart full of school supplies? They aren’t for me hunny!
27. The first email that goes out is always followed by several other ones throughout the day.
29. When it comes to the copy machine, there will always be replenishers, and takers.
30. This usually happens a lot at the beginning of the year.
31. Trust us, we know everything.
32. If you ever want to experience the biggest rush of blood to the face, do a craftivity and wait until your principal walks in.
33. The need for glue sticks in a school is comparable to the need for humans to have oxygen and water.
34. I actually think about doing this at least three times a day.
35. We all know what your behavior management policy is at home.
36. There is no better analogy for the first week of kindergarten.
37. We cherish these nights!
38. In teacher world, the code word for this is file 13.
39. When you spend all day procrastinating to do your lesson plans, sleep doesn’t come easy.
40. Any last day of break can put any of us in a state of shock.
41. But the fact that we can get away with yoga pants with a long sweater and boots makes coming back so much easier.
42. Knowing that this is what makes teachers so important.
43. and this.
44. And this.
45. And finally…this. <3
Thanks for reading! If you liked this post, be sure to share or pin it for your teacher colleagues! If you want to stay updated with more content from me, be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Teachers Pay Teachers to keep up with the latest freebies, tips, and ideas.