As many elementary teachers know, fluency is one of the most important developmental skills that students need to develop an understanding of what they are reading. When your elementary students are able to read more accurately, and a grade level appropriate rate, they will be able to comprehend so much more.
Top 8 Reasons Why Reading Fluency Passages Work
- Bridge word recognition and reading
- Practice fluency and reading comprehension at the same time
- Practicing fluency is directly related to success in reading comprehension.
- Improve speed and accuracy
- Spend less time decoding with repeated reading
- Improve expression when reading
- Reading becomes more enjoyable
- Fluent reading leads to more success with writing
Shop This Post
Features of our Reading Fluency Passages
- Ten Reading Comprehension Passages per MONTH!
- 120 Passages Per Grade Level
- Comprehension Passages and Questions
- Text Dependent and Higher Level Questions in each Comprehension Sheet
- Relevant, Seasonal, and Timely Topics
- Wide Range of Topics including Social Studies and Science
- Recording and Tracking system at bottom of passage for students
- Graphics/Vocabulary words for enrichment
Thanks so much for stopping by!
At Education to the Core, we provide done-for-you curriculum that is simple, fun, and engaging! In order to be an effective educator, you have to take care of you first! We strive to make a healthy work-life balance a reality for you each and every day. If you enjoyed this blog post, be sure to join my email list to get exclusive FREEBIES, exclusive content, updates, deals!