The spring semester usually brings out our best loved units and field trips. With school closures, those field trips had to be cancelled, BUT, just because we aren’t riding on a bus and physically going to those places, doesn’t mean we can’t still take a field trip while doing distance learning! Get your class together and visit one of these amazing locations on a Virtual Field Trip.
Animal Field Trips
- San Diego Zoo – Get up close and personal with 11 of the zoos favorite animals. Extend the lesson by having your students research one of the animals they observe and write a paper about it.
- Pandas at Zoo Atlanta – Who doesn’t love watching pandas?!
- Georgia Aquarium – Watch your students get excited when the whale shark comes around!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium – Will you visit the sharks, jellyfish, or the penguins?
- Life on the Farm – Your students can experience all types of farms (dairy, poultry, sheep, and an apple orchard)
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory – Butterflies abound on this live webcam. Link this experience with a fun Butterly art craft, or life cycle science lesson.
- The Nature Conservancy – Explore a coral reef or rainforest with these outstanding virtual tours.
- Volcanoes – Learn all about the major volcanoes on the islands of Hawaii. Your students will watch in awe as they get to see a volcano erupt.
- Grand Canyon – Explore one of the seven wonders of the world through the eyes of a helicopter.
- Easter Island – Your students will learn about the mysterious heads of this island. Have a discussion with your class about their theories are concerning the island.
- The Great Wall of China – Experience one of the world’s greatest constructions.
- The Pyramids of Giza – Of course your students are going to enjoy learning about the pyramids. Turn this virtual tour into an entire unit, learning about pharaohs, mummification, and Egyptian history.
- The Statue of Liberty – Allow your students to virtually explore this great symbol of America’s freedom.
- Yellowstone – Time is just right and get a glimpse of Old Faithful blowing!
- Smithsonian – Take a tour of exhibits both past and present.
- The Louvre – Choose from a variety of different exhibits to show your students.
- Natural History Museum – Visit this famous Washington D.C museum and explore dinosaurs and inhabitants of earlier times.
- The MET – Allow your students to explore beautiful works of art.
Out of This World Trips
- Mars – Get to experience the surface of Mars from the comfort of your couch!
- Johnson Space Center – Take a look inside a spaceship and space station. Super cool!
- Outer Space – Tour 6 different planets in our solar system and imagine what life would be like living there.
Take some amazing virtual field trips with your students! If you have one that you would like to share, please do so in the comments below. By using these videos during distance learning, you can immerse your students in some incredible places!
-Written by Janessa Fletcher
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you enjoyed this post, we’d love it if you could share Education to the Core with a friend and BOTH of you can receive $5 off a purchase of $10 or more with the code: FRIEND5 in our Education to the Core shop.
At Education to the Core, we provide done-for-you curriculum that is simple, fun, and engaging! In order to be an effective educator, you have to take care of you first! We strive to make a healthy work-life balance a reality for you each and every day.
If you enjoyed this blog post, be sure to join my email list to get exclusive FREEBIES, exclusive content, updates, deals!