So much prep goes into creating a great learning space.
There are countless things a teacher has to remember to make the school year flow smoothly.
As teachers start getting ready for school we decided to try and make these last few weeks of summer as seamless as possible.
We understand that prepping for school is difficult.
And, we know it is extra hard to prep a Kindergarten classroom.
We compiled a list of all kindergarten teacher must-haves you need to make prepping for school as easy as possible.
Kindergarten Must Have Resources
These are some resources that we think will help make your school year run smoothly and save you some serious time. Things like the CORE Binder that you can use every day and resources to introduce letters and numbers to your students.
- CORE Binder – This is a resource that covers daily activities from classroom routines, math, and ELA. These Classroom Organizers and Resources for Education also include social and emotional tools because we know teaching isn’t all 123s and ABCs.
- 1:1 Math and Literacy Centers – Easy prep centers that can be quickly adapted to virtual learning.
- Write the Room Kindergarten Edition – Beginning Sounds, Color Words, CVC Words, Digraphs, Ending Sounds, End Marks, Rhyming Words, and Short Vowels.
- Editable Name Activities – Provide engaging names activities for your students with our Editable Names Activities for Kinder and 1st Grade!
- Sight Word Printables for Kindergarten – This is a Sight Word Practice Packet for the First 100 Fry Sight Words (1-100).
- Kindergarten Morning Work – 180 days of morning work.
- Alphabet Booklets – 72 booklets that are perfect for kinders of ALL LEVELS. They are packed with both COLOR and BLACK & WHITE pics.
- Sight Word Passages – These 30 Sight Word Fluency Passages are perfect for Kinder. There are 81 sight word passages.
- Number Booklets – No Prep number booklets that can be used to introduce each number to your kindergarteners.
- Kindergarten Literacy Centers – A comprehensive resource for Kindergarten Literacy Centers.
- Kindergarten Data Tracking Bundle – A baseline and a way to progress monitor your kindergarten students.
Kinder Classroom Supplies
Getting ready for the school year is hard. How in the world are you supposed to be able to predict all of the things you are going to need for the entire year? This is a list of things that you can use again and again throughout the year:
- Pencil Shaped Desk Name Tags
- Alphabet Posters
- Classroom Prize Squish Toys
- Classroom Labels
- Chair Pockets
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Carpet Spot Markers
- Table Spot Marker
- Plastic Activity Tray
- Bulletin Board Borders
Kindergarten Must-Have T-Shirts
T-Shirts are always in fashion and knowing that you can wake up every morning and put on one of your many cute graphic T-Shirts and a pair of your comfiest jeans is the only way to make it through a long school year. Here’s a list of the cutest Kindergarten Teacher must-have T-Shirts you can get on Amazon:
- ‘Kinder Crew’ T-Shirt
- ‘Hello Kindergarten’ T-Shirt
- Leopard Rainbow Kindergarten T-Shirt
- ‘Team Kindergarten’ T-Shirt
- ‘Kinder Everywhere’ T-Shirt
- ‘Kindergarten Squad’ T-Shirt
- ‘K is For Kindergarten’ T-Shirt
- ‘Kindergarten Teacher’ Rainbow T-Shirt
- ‘Kindergarten Rocks’ T-Shirt
- FRIENDS Kindergarten T-Shirt
Kindergarten Must-Have Books
Books are magic and sometimes using the beauty of storytelling is the best way to convey your message. This list of books may help you make your students feel a little bit better about this momentous moment in their lives:
- Kindergarten Here I Come – A picture book that goes over all the milestone moments that Kindergarteners go through.
- On the First Day of Kindergarten – A book to get kids (and parents) who are nervous about starting Kindergarten prepared about the things to come.
- Clifford Goes to Kindergarten – Join Clifford as he spends the day with Emily Elizabeth in Kindergarten.
- Adventure Annie Goes to Kindergarten – Adventure Annie looks for adventure in every moment of Kindergarten.
- The Night Before Kindergarten – Packing school supplies, posing for pictures, and saying good-bye to mom and dad prepares students for what the first day of school will be.
- The Day You Begin – A story about finding courage when you are doing something for the very first time.
- First Day Farts – A book for kids with anxiety about starting school.
- A Letter From Your Teacher – This book helps teachers welcome their students on their first day of school.
- Kindergarten Rocks – Help reassure your students about their first days of school.
- Goodbye Preschool, Hello Kindergarten – A reminder that things that are stressful can also be good.
We know that starting the school year can be fun — and stressful. More importantly, we are here to remind you that it is not something you have to do alone. There are places you can go (virtually) to chat with people who are doing what you are doing. Try Facebook groups like the ETTC Fearless Kinder Group or making time to collaborate with your fellow teachers. So join our community today and grab these kindergarten teacher must-haves for a fantastic year!
Written By – Korryna Sanchez
At Education to the Core, we exist to help our teachers build a stronger classroom as they connect with our community to find trusted, state-of-the-art resources designed by teachers for teachers. We aspire to be the world’s leading & most trusted community for educational resources for teachers. As a result, we improve the lives of every teacher and learner with the most comprehensive, reliable, and inclusive educational resources.
If you enjoyed what we have to offer at ETTC, be sure to join our email list so that you won’t miss a beat.