Editable resources… they are every teacher’s DREAM!!! It is magical how typing words on one page transfers to other pages. Watching activities get completed in mere seconds! But this amazing technology can cause some frustration.
We get many questions each day about our editable resources, and since we strive to make the lives of our fellow educators easier, we decided to put together a couple of video tutorials that will make using our editable resources easy peasy. 😉
Downloading the Editable Resource
Once you have purchased an editable resource, you need to download it onto your computer before using it. To access your purchase, click on the pencil ✏️ icon in the upper right corner of our Education to the Core website. Then follow these steps:
- Enter the username and password that you created when you purchased the resource.
- Choose “My Account” in the drop-down menu under the pencil icon.
- Click on “Download History” on the left-hand column of the screen.
- Click the “Download” button.
- Most computers will automatically extract/unzip the resource before downloading it onto your computer. ⚠️ Note: You must download your resource onto a computer. The zip files are too large for your phone or a tablet.
- After clicking Download, the resource will load to your tray. Just click on it and open your resource.
- If the editable resource does not load onto your tray, then go to your downloads folder and double click on the downloaded resource folder.
Opening and Typing on your Editable Resource
Now that you have fully extracted and downloaded your editable resource, it is time to open it and start adding the content. You will need to have downloaded Adobe Reader prior to opening editable resources. They will not work in any other application.
- Open the file and choose which version of the resource you want to use.
- Right-click on the file and choose “open with”.
- Make sure to choose Adobe Reader. If you open the resource in Preview mode, the fonts do not work properly.
- Type your words or information in the “blue boxes” and watch as they populate throughout the document.
- Make sure to pay attention to any activities that have special instructions, such as having to type all words in caps, or manually enter those words for the special fonts used in that particular activity.
- Once all of your activities are complete, you can choose which pages you would like to print.
- Lastly, choose “save as” to save your updated pdf for future use if you would like to keep the word list you’ve created.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editable Resources from ETTC
We are continuing to add editable resources to our store that help save you time while providing fun and engaging activities for your students. If you haven’t tried an editable resource yet, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
The most popular is our Editable Spelling, which includes over 60 word work activities for word lists of 10, 12, and 15 words.
Take a peek at our Editable Names activities for those young learners just starting to practice writing their names. The activities included will not only help your students learn to write their names but identify the letters used to spell their names also.
Save yourself hours of time prepping for substitutes with our Editable Sub Plans bundles. Each grade level set includes a general set of editable plans where you can type in schedules, student names, materials, procedures, and any other important information. You will also get 15 days worth of scripted lessons with all supplemental printables included. This resource is a must for those last-minute absences you don’t have time to prep for.
And for your end-of-the-year celebrations, use our Editable Crowns and Student Awards bundle. Simply type in the student names next to the award and they automatically populate for an easy print and go resource.
If you have any questions about any of our editable resources, please reach out. We would love to speak with you. Editable resources are a game-changer when it comes to creating activities for your students. You don’t have to spend hours prepping those activities anymore. Simply purchase, download, type, and print! Easy peasy – lemon squeezy! 🍋
Written by – Janessa Fletcher
At Education to the Core, we exist to help our teachers build a stronger classroom as they connect with our community to find trusted, state-of-the-art resources designed by teachers for teachers. We aspire to be the world’s leading & most trusted community for educational resources for teachers. We improve the lives of every teacher and learner with the most comprehensive, reliable, and inclusive educational resources.
If you enjoyed what we have to offer at ETTC, be sure to join our email list so that you won’t miss a beat.