Welcome to Third Grade! We love third grade because by this time our students know what to expect when they come into our classroom! They know that there are going to be rules, classroom jobs, and tons of things they are going to learn this year! But to make the year special and also make sure that you and your students are learning and growing in the best way possible, here is a list of Third Grade Must-haves!
Third Grade Must-Have Resources
- Editable Spelling – This completely editable and customizable resource works BEST for lists between 10-15 words. Simply type your words into the word list on the first page and create 60+ word work activities immediately.
- Fluency Passages – With 10 themed passages each month, your students will be able to practice their fluency and comprehension skills all year long.
- Literacy Centers – ETTC has 40 downloadable 3rd Grade Reading Stations to help you through the year!
- Grammar Interactive Notebooks – These are hands-on activities for your students to use to practice things like conjunctions, prepositions, articles, adverbs, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, and nouns.
- Daily Edit – These editing mats are great for Morning Work, Writing/Literacy Centers, Writer’s Workshop, Writing Warm-Ups, and/or Homework. They include 80 Paragraphs for Editing, Editing Checklist, Covers for Folders/Binders, Answer Key, illustrations for Every Paragraph, and Paragraph Completion Checklists. They cover topics such as Capitalization and Punctuation, Spelling Errors, Quotation Errors, Extra, and/or Missing Words.
- Morning Meeting Slides – This is a set of 225 Paperless Morning Meeting Slides for 2nd and 3rd Grade! Just project and GO!
- Color by Number – The Fall Color By Number bundle for 2nd and 3rd grade was created to help you make ELA and Math a fall breeze. These are also great as early finisher activities.
More Third Grade Must-Have Resources
- SEL – This resource is designed to make it easier for you to navigate through tough conversations with your students, and to help you establish a trusting relationship with them. Everything from breathing exercises to writing prompts.
- 3rd Grade Warm-up – Students will review essential ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies skills with these fun back-to-school worksheets! Simply print, copy, and DONE!
- Inventor and Inventions – This resource includes 28 biographies on the inventors and has activities that include; Close Read Slides, Comprehension Questions, TreeMap, Oval Map, Facts Graphic Organizer, All About (Inventor), 5W + How, Compare & Contrast
- Debate Passages – This No-Prep Classroom Discussions & Debates Bundle includes a TON of games & topics to get your kids going from “chatting” to “discussing”. They’ll be so busy having a blast exchanging passionate arguments & ideas with one another all while increasing their critical thinking, public speaking, and note-taking skills.
- Writing Mini-Lessons – These writing mini-lessons were created so you could cultivate motivated writers in your primary classroom. Not only will your students be motivated, but they will also learn ways to strengthen their messages through writing through our intentional Writing Mini-Lessons.
- Social Studies Unit – Education to the Core has created an all-inclusive Social Studies Unit that can be used for any grade between K-3. This unit includes teaching slides, Student workbook activities, read-aloud suggestions, and so much more.
- Premium Membership – If all of these must-haves sound like they will put a strain on your wallet, sign up for ETTC Premium for $10 a month and have unlimited access to these resources and thousands of others.
Third Grade Classroom Supplies
We are here to help you out. So sit back, relax, and enjoy while we do the research for you for your third-grade must-haves. This is a list of things we think you might need in your Third-grade classroom.
- Third Graders are #1 Pencils
- 36 Count Name Plates for Classroom
- Base 10 Blocks
- 60 Pack of Mini Pop-Its
- 30 Slot Classroom Mailbox
- Mini Clocks
- 10 Pack Dry Erase Multiplication Chart White Board
- Dry Erase Erasers
- Class Jobs Bulletin Board
- Nylon Carpet Marking Strips
- Pocket Chart Daily Schedule
- Classroom Rules Poster
- 1/2 Inch Ruled, 8 x 10-1/2 Inches
- Dry Erase Boards
- Magnetic Number Bonds
Third-Grade Must-Have Books
Every classroom needs books and that is no exception in a third-grade classroom. This is a list of books at the third-grade reading level that might just be perfect for your students.
- I Was a Third-Grade Spy
- Dragons in a Bag
- The Flat Stanley Collection
- Kerin Finds Her Beat
- I Can Do Hard Things: Mindful Affirmations for Kids
- The Story of Simone Biles
- I Can’t Do That, YET: Growth Mindset
- Brown Girl Dreaming
Third Grade Must-Have Teacher T-Shirts
There is nothing like waking up in the morning and not having to worry about what you are going to wear. So, to help you out ETTC found some cute Third-grade must-have t-shirts.
- Retro Third Grade T-Shirt
- Oh Hey, Third Grade T-Shirt
- Third Grade Vibes T-Shirt
- Third Grade Pencil T-Shirt
- I Teach Tiny Humans T-Shirt
- 3rd Grade Rocks T-Shirt
- Third Grade Adventure T-Shirt
- Third Grade Happy Face T-Shirt
- Third Grade Definition T-Shirt
- Peach, Love, and Third Grade T-Shirt
*All of the t-shirts and read-aloud links are a part of the Amazon Affiliate program.
The school year is a marathon, not a race, and there are so many stress factors that come into play as the year progresses. ETTC is here for you and we are dedicated to making things as easy as we can for our teachers.
The Teaching Tiny Humans Course is a free course that shares activities and advice with primary teachers to make planning and prepping for lessons easy. You can expect emails with tips, tricks, and ideas for your classroom along with freebies and support from the ETTC team of master teachers.
Written by – Korryna Sanchez
At Education to the Core, we exist to help our teachers build a stronger classroom as they connect with our community to find trusted, state-of-the-art resources designed by teachers for teachers. We aspire to be the world’s leading & most trusted community for educational resources for teachers. We improve the lives of every teacher and learner with the most comprehensive, reliable, and inclusive educational resources.
If you enjoyed what we have to offer at ETTC, be sure to join our email list so that you won’t miss a beat.