This No-Prep Classroom Discussions & Debates Bundle includes a TON of games & topics to get your kids going from “chatting” to “discussing”.
They’ll be so busy having a blast exchanging passionate arguments & ideas with one another all while increasing their critical thinking, public speaking, and note-taking skills.
Why No Prep Classroom Discussions and Debates
- No Prep: Each debate has 2 passages (one for each stance), additional resource page, and planning pages included.
- Hands-on: Provides opportunities for student research and hands-on-learning.
- Cross-Curricular Connections: The planning resources included are adaptable and can be used in other subject areas.
- Positive Student Interactions: Great connection to SEL and Character Education through supporting positive student interactions while facilitating respectful student conversations.
- Ease of Use: Distance or on-site learning friendly.
- Encourages Critical Thinking Skills: Teaches students appropriate ways to research topics, form an opinion, and respectfully support their opinion.
- 30 Topic Cards… for games like Rebuttal Ping Pong created to help your students go back and forth (find out who can go the LONGEST with rebuttals!).
- 26 Debate Passages… so your kids can read up and take a STANCE on topics such as “Is social media a good thing?” or “Should kids have cell phones?”… and much, much more.
- 5 Debate Games & Exercises… including “I Couldn’t Disagree More,” “Focus on Filler Words”… and an end-of-session exercise designed to help your students REFLECT on everything they’ve talked about and discovered during the debate.
- 90+ Debate Topic Research Sites… with at least 5 links per debate passage to give your kids additional research material (because when we say “no prep,” we mean NO PREP).
- 11 Debate Talk Posters… so your kids have prompts to start and defend their ideas confidently and POLITELY.
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
- Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
- Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credits given to ETTC as the author and a link back to the Education to the Core shop is included in your post/presentation.
- Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Garcia and a link back to the Education to the Core shop.
You May Not:
- Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
- Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
- Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
- Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.