74 File Folder Games for 1st Grade!!!
- Do your students need more hands-on activities in a world where everything is digital?
- Are your parents asking for games that can be played at home?
- Do you want your students to have individual access to hands-on activities?
If your answer is yes, ETTC has you covered! Our amazing master teachers have just the resource for you!
We put together this File Folder Games Resource to help you and your students (and their parents) work on ELA and Math skills!
Included will be 35 ELA Games and 39 Math Games! Be sure to download the preview to learn more.
Why File Folder Games?
- Students learn through play. Students need lots of practice with many of these skills – this allows another way for them to practice in a fun way.
- Familiar, two main format games so students can easily transition between games with different skills/content
- Engaging games for students to practice/learn a wide variety of ELA and Math concepts
- Teachers can easily assess students’ abilities with a quick observation of their game playing
- Students learn game playing skills (how to cooperate, take turns, be a good winner/loser).
35 ELA File Folder Games:
- Beginning and Medial Digraph
- CVC Review
- Diphthongs: au, oi, ou, ow
- Diphthongs: aw, oy, ow
- Ending Digraphs
- Hard and Soft C
- Hard and Soft G
- L Blends
- Long A, Short A
- Long E, Short E
- Long I, Short I
- Long O, Short O
- Long U, Short U
- R Blends
- R-Controlled Vowels
- Rhyming Words
- S Blends
- Short A CVC
- Short E CVC
- Short I CVC
- Short O CVC
- Short U CVC
- Syllable Count
- Three in a Row: Word Families (ack, all, amp)
- Three in a Row: Word Families (and, ant, ash)
- Three in a Row: Word Families (eck, ell, end, est)
- Three in a Row: Word Families (ick, ill, ing, ink, ish)
- Three in a Row: Word Families (ock, op, og)
- Three in a Row: Word Families (uck, ump, ung, unk, ush)
- Three in a Row: L Blends
- Three in a Row: R Blends
- Three in a Row: S Blends
- Three in a Row: Silent E
- Trigraphs: scr, shr, spl, spr
- Trigraphs: squ, str, thr
39 Math File Folder Games
- Add One-Digit to Two Digit
- Add Three Numbers
- Adding Tens (Zero Ones)
- Adding Tens
- Are They Equal?
- Counting On, Counting Back 0-100
- Counting On, Counting Back 0-20
- Counting On, Counting Back 0-50
- Data Race
- Domino Addition
- Greater Than, Less Than, Equal To
- Greater Than, Less Than, Equal To: Addition
- Greater Than, Less Than, Equal To: Subtraction
- Making Tens to Add
- Making Tens to Add with Nines
- Non-Standard Measurement: Bear
- Non-Standard Measurement: Link
- Non-Standard Measurement: Clip
- Non-Standard Measurement: Penny
- Number Bond Race 0-10
- Number Bond Race 10-20
- Place Value Race
- Standard Measurement: Centimeter
- Standard Measurement: Inch
- Structuring Fives
- Structuring Tens
- Subtracting Tens (Zero Ones)
- Subtraction 0-10
- Subtraction 0-20
- Three in a Row: 2D Shapes
- Three in a Row: 3D Shapes
- Three in a Row: Doubles
- Three in a Row: Doubles +1
- Three in a Row: Subitizing 0-5
- Three in a Row: Subitizing 5-10
- Three in a Row: Time to the Half Hour
- Three in a Row: Time to the Hour
- What’s Missing? Addition
- What’s Missing? Subtraction
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
• Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
• Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credits given to ETTC as the author and a link back to the Education to the Core shop is included in your post/presentation.
• Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Garcia and a link back to the Education to the Core shop.
You May Not:
• Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
• Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
• Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
• Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.