Are you looking for a more engaging way to teach culture and family traditions, winter holidays, and more?
Does your district have a social studies curriculum from the late 90s? Or none at all?
Do you have to integrate social studies units into your ELA block and never have the time to ensure that this happens in a way that does justice to both subjects?
Let ETTC make planning for social studies a breeze with comprehensive, done-for-you units.
In Unit 4 in the series, the December Unit – Sociology: Culture & Traditions, you will find that we have included everything you need to teach engaging social studies lessons.
You’ll get an accurate portrayal of history while still being age-appropriate for students in grades K-3.
You’ll get an up-to-date look at social studies topics. Regardless of your teaching situation, you’ll get enough materials and content to use.
And you know you’ll get it all for an incredible price.
We went big with this one, because go big or go home, right? Especially with social studies. It’s SO important.
This unit can be used with any grade level K-3, in any schedule situation, including…
- Social studies integrated into ELA
- 15-20 minutes a few times a week
- 30 minutes alternating weeks with science
- 45+ minutes of dedicated social studies time daily
- And more!
We’ve included digital resources, printables with options for independent student work, teaching slides, project-based learning, and so much more.
You can pull elements of this unit into your
- Morning meeting
- Morning work
- Small group
- Reading, writing, and/or social studies block!
Let us help you to create more knowledgeable, civic-minded, engaged citizens in your classroom that will be prepared to go out into the world and make it a better place!
- Teaching Slides – 5 Main Lessons
- Essential Questions & Essential Understandings
- Daily Interactive Notebook Activities
- Student Activity Book Work Pages
- Read-Aloud and Video Recommendations
- Lessons and Choice Board of Additional Activities that Include:
- Conversation Starters
- Citizen Engagement Activities
- Diverse Biography Mini Books – Paper and Digital (Google Slides™) Versions
- Group Activities
- Kids Make a Difference Lessons in Each Unit
- Graphic Organizers
- Home Connection Projects
- Family Letters for Each Unit
- Checks for Understanding – Blooket, Paper/Pencil, and Exit Ticket Options
- Nonfiction Text Features
- Clickable Monthly Calendar of Special Days with Additional Daily Slides
- Spiraling Social Studies Standard Strands Throughout the Year
- Introduction to Culture & Traditions
- My Family Traditions and Celebrations
- We Are Different, We Are the Same
- Consumerism, Changes, & Human Rights
- Kids Make a Difference: Children’s Roles in Holidays Around the World
Teachers like you said…
“I have bought tons of social studies bundles and haven’t found anything I loved until this came out. I’ve bought all three bundles so far, and plan on buying every unit they release. If you need a social studies unit, don’t look any further and buy this!”
“My students are fully engaged in these SS lessons. This resource includes everything I was specifically looking for!”
✔︎ Please preview all unit contents prior to teaching to ensure that the content aligns with your district’s expectations.
✔︎ ETTC will be putting out monthly units for the 2022-23 school year. Buy them early to save! Topics include
✔︎ Teaching slides are available in Google Slides™ and PDF versions. Embedded links will take you to additional resources. Digital Biographies and the Clickable Calendar are also available in Google Slides™ format.
✔︎ Some components of these units are editable. Please ensure that you download the document and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader for full compatibility. Not doing so will result in inaccurate fonts and potential additional issues. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free download available at: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
✔︎ Blooket™ is used as an assessment option. If you do not have a Blooket™ account, you can start one for free as a teacher.
Join the ETTC Family of Teaching Trailblazers to stay up to date on our most current projects!
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
• Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
• Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credit given to myself as the author and a link back to the Education to the Core shop is included in your post/presentation.
• Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Liscom Garcia and a link back to the Education to the Core shop.
You May Not:
• Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
• Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
• Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
• Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.
There are no reviews yet.