This resource includes 60 Mini-Books/Readers ⭐ & Comprehension Activities you can use ALL YEAR! ❄️☘️☔️☀️
Whether you’re working face-to-face OR virtually, you’ll be PREPPED with:
- 5 Mini Books EVERY month…That’s 60 super-cute, seasonal (yet sensical) stories to keep the kiddos engaged and reading like champs.
- 12 Monthly Vocabulary Cards (144 in total!)… Just tuck the strips in your pocket chart, introduce the words, and watch their confidence grow as they read & color these mini-books. Perfect for individual learning, groups, and centers of ALL LEVELS.
- 5 Writing Prompts per Month: Stretch your students’ comprehension, fluency, and creativity with 60 writing prompts that make the stories about them (and more FUN) (BONUS: high flyers can go the extra distance here, too!)
- 12 Monthly Sight Word Activities: Make sight words stick with 12 different Build-A-Word activities they’ll love
*Download the Preview file to see this resource in detail. To download, right click on the word, “Preview,” toggle to, “Open in a new tab,” and select that option.
Why No Prep Monthly Mini-Books for the Year?
- The 60 mini-books and 60 writing prompts (color and B&W versions) are perfect for whole group or small group activities.
- The writing prompts give students the opportunity to make a connection and respond to the story. Encourage speaking and listening skills by allowing students to share their writing with a small group.
- Folding and coloring the mini-books encourage independence among students and strengthen fine motor skills. Send the books home to read for homework to improve fluency and extend vocabulary.
- The vocabulary cards can be placed in a pocket chart or used in a writing center. The 144 vocabulary cards are a fantastic resource for students throughout the year.
- The interactive monthly sight word activities can be used in a center or independently. The variety of sight word activities will keep students engaged each month!
- This comprehensive unit includes coordinating books, writing prompts, activities, and much more!
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
- Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
- Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credits given to Education to the Core as the creator and a link back to our store is included in your post/presentation.
- Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Liscom Garcia and a link back to my store.
You May Not:
- Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
- Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
- Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
- Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.
If you have any questions about this resource, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: Types of Writing, All Products, GRAMMAR & WRITING, Seasonal and Holiday, READING, Fluency, Phonics, Sight Words, Vocabulary, SeasonalTags: activities, comprehension, digital downloads, minibooks, printatbles, seasons, sight words, theme, vocab, writing