Students will review essential ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies skills with these fun summer-themed worksheets!
Simply print, copy, and DONE! Take a break. You definitely deserve it after the year we have all had.
Save yourself countless hours of searching for worksheets to put in your summer packet, help your students get ready for the school year ahead, and make parents happy by sending home activities for their kids to do.
Why the Summer Review Packet?
- Helps Prevent Summer Slide: The summer slide is real and significant. With even a small amount of review each day or week, students will have less substantial summer learning loss, making everyone’s lives a little bit easier!
- Comprehensive: Reviews the content and standards taught and covered in first grade Math and ELA. The Summer Review Activity Packet also includes Science, Social Studies, and Gross Motor activities to get your students outside and moving!
- Engaging and Fun Content: Activities and images, including choice boards, experiments, and content that can be used with any book from the library or home.
- Flexible Use: Use at the end of First Grade as a summer activity packet review or at the beginning of Second Grade as a warm-up!
- Differentiation: Some activities have different formats and levels of scaffolding, so you can help your students be successful at a variety of levels.
- Many Pages to Choose From: Students can choose from a variety of activities.
- Phonics: Blends (S, L, R), Vowels – Short, Vowels – Long or Short?, Silent E, Vowel Teams/Diphthongs, Digraphs (ch, sh, wh, the), Phoneme Replacement
- Grammar: Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Contractions, Compound Words
- Reading: Mini-Book with Main Idea /Key Details, Reading Passage and Comprehension, Poetry and Visualization, Mini-Book with Retelling, Compare/Contrast, Asking and Answering Questions, Point of View, Character Traits, Read and Paste
- Math: Number Before, Number After, Counting by 2’s, 5’s, 10’s, Comparing Numbers, Making Ten/Ten Friends, Time to the Hour and Half-Hour, Addition (0 to 20), Subtraction (0 to 20), Place Value, Word Problems, Money, Measurement (Standard and Non-Standard), Function Machines, Part-Part-Whole, Even and Odd Numbers, Ten More/Ten Less/One More/One Less, Fact Families, Graphing/Data, Geometry (2D and 3D Shapes), Adding Three Numbers, Balancing Equations, Adding and Subtracting Tens, Fractions
- Writing: Spin and Write Sentences, Roll a Story, Listen to Reading Response Prompt, Write your teacher a letter, Opinion Writing
- Science: STEM Choice Card, Nature Scavenger Hunt, Butterfly Life Cycle, Light and Sound Explorations, Sun Printing Experiments
- Social Studies: Hidden Treasure Map Making, Community Helper Thank You, American Symbols, Design a Yard Sign
- Gross Motor: Build a Fort, Challenge Choice Card
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
- Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
- Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credits given to ETTC as the author and a link back to the Education to the Core shop is included in your post/presentation.
- Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Garcia and a link back to the Education to the Core shop.
You May Not:
- Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
- Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
- Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
- Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.