Inside this newly UPDATED Earth Day Unit you’ll find 40+ pages of comprehensive, cross-curricular activities designed to apply the most critical lessons you will need to teach your students about protecting the natural world outside their windows.
Why Should You Get This Earth Day Unit:
- Recommended Media – Books, magazines, videos, songs, wildlife webcams… we’ve covered all the bases for fun and engaging learning about Earth Day!
- Skills Coverage! We’ve included literacy, math, science, science, and social studies in this unit. Whether you have a day to learn about Earth Day or more, you’ll find everything you need in this unit.
- Students get their own mini-book to read in class and beyond to improve fluency and extend vocabulary.
- Reading Comprehension in multiple activities including a mini-book and a read and paste activity.
- Vocabulary Practice – The unit comes with 18 Earth Day vocabulary cards for anchor charts, class discussions, writing, and more!
- Great for whole group, small group, and individual practice – No matter what your teaching style, the materials can be used.
- Learn about diverse, important people in conservation and Earth activism history with three mini-biographies.
- Fine Motor practice through color by number math work.
- Inspire and engage your students to help make a difference in the world.
- Encourage creativity with poetry, STEM activity, and a craftivity.
- Want to take your students outside, but tired of the same old ‘trash pickup’ every grade seems to do? Check out our outdoor hula hoop activity.
- Get your students moving with our scavenger hunt and more.
- Print and multimedia recommendations
- 18 vocabulary card
- Scavenger Hunt
- Earth Pledge Craftivity
- Math: Color by number (addition and subtraction) and Graphing
- Literacy: Earth Day Mini-Book, Read and Paste, Acrostic Poem,
- Phonics: Beginning Sound
- Science: Four R’s activity, Outdoor Nature Study, STEM activity
- Social Studies: Earth Day biographies, choices activity
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
- Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
- Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credit given to myself as the author and a link back to my store is included in your post/presentation.
- Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Liscom Garcia and a link back to my store.
You May Not:
- Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
- Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
- Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
- Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.
If you have any questions about this resource, please contact me at email@example.com
There are no reviews yet.