25 STEM Challenges at your fingertips!
This “STEM and Story” resource includes 25 STEM challenges with storybook suggestions that can be used in whole group, small group, or center activities. Included are classroom posters, teacher guides, and student resources that will keep students engaged and actively participating in each STEM challenge.
What’s Inside This Resource:
- 25 STEM Challenges (you’re set for the year with 2-3 challenges each month)
- 25 Teacher Guides
- 25 STEM Challenge Student Book
- 25 STEM Challenge Guides
- 25 STEM Challenge Cards
- Design Process Poster
- Design Process Steps Posters
- Question Cards (Ask)
- Inspiration Cards (Imagine)
- Checklist Poster (Plan)
- Question Cards (Improve)
- Description Cards (Present)
Why Choose This Resource:
- Low Prep: Print, grab your materials, and go.
- Be a Facilitator: Watch your scholars bloom as they take ownership of their learning.
- Higher-Level Thinking: Students will use the processes of design, build, test, troubleshoot, retest, reflect, and discuss.
- Uses Popular Literature: Pair science challenges with book favorites, such as Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, The Dot, and The Runaway Pumpkin.
- Connect STEM to Literacy: The perfect opportunity to use literature to inspire STEM. Connects literature to math and science activities.
- Encourages Growth Mindset: The challenges encourage a growth mindset, creative thinking, and inspire students to learn from their successes and their struggles.
- Encourages the Design Process: Familiarizes students with the steps of the design process that can later be applied to future projects. Design Process posters provide clear visuals for reference.
- Inspires Teamwork: Encourages students to work together, share ideas and use collaborative problem-solving.
- Encourages Speaking and Listening Skills: Students practice and build upon speaking and listening skills throughout the challenges, especially during the ”present” stage.
- Social Development: Students have to learn to compromise with classmates on the challenge construction and discuss their opinions.
- STEM for the Entire School Year: 25 challenges are included and this resource establishes a consistent process for each of them.
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
- Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
- Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credits given to ETTC as the author and a link back to the Education to the Core shop is included in your post/presentation.
- Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Garcia and a link back to the Education to the Core shop.
You May Not:
- Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
- Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
- Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
- Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.