Story Challenges Included in Volume 1:
1. Paper Airplanes
2. Building a Roller Coaster
3. Jelly Bean Structures
4. Tall Tower Structure
5. Index Card Structures
6. Paper Plate Marble Maze
7. Army Launchers
8. How Strong is Spaghetti
9. Making a Harmonica
10. Light Circuits
Bonus: Halloween Launchers
What each of the 10 STEM Story Challenges Will Have:
3 Illustrated Stories of Varying Difficulty for Differentiation
• Teacher Guide
(Challenge Question, Coordinating Books Suggestions, Materials Suggestions, Questions/Accessing Prior Knowledge Suggestions, What to do Before/During/After)
• Vocabulary Cards
(Challenge Question, Vocabulary Words, Materials Listed, Planning Tools, Writing Activity, Math Problem, and an Extension Activity)
Why Once Upon a STEM?
Creating a really great STEM resource doesn’t happen overnight.
I learned, over the past year, that it takes what seems like endless days of hard work and determination to provide a great STEM resource for primary teachers.
As the STEM club coordinator, I always struggled with getting my kids excited about the challenges they did each week.
Not only did I notice I had a hard time getting my students excited, I noticed a huge lack of resources for them.
Of course my teacher manual was HUNDREDS of pages. Inadequate resources that left me looking for more activities for my kids to do.
I needed more. I needed books, extension activities, and guiding questions that didn’t seem like a scavenger hunt to find. I needed parent connection ideas and suggested websites for my students to visit at home.
And so, Once Upon a STEM was born.
Inspirational. Meaningful. Impactful.
Thank you for choosing “Once Upon a STEM.” I am confident you are going to love this resource.
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
• Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
• Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credit given to myself as the author and a link back to my website store is included in your post/presentation.
• Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Liscom Garcia and a link back to my website store.
You May Not:
• Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
• Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
• Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
• Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.
If you have any questions about this resource, please contact me at email@example.com