The NEW Directed Drawings, Volume 2 has over 100 drawing activities and is perfect for students to have an opportunity to connect art to writing & other crucial ELA skills.
This resource includes Five Themed Sets! Four sets have 20 Drawings Each and the Fifth Set has 26! (106 drawings total)
Each Drawing Includes Two Pages Of Activities that allow young students to feel successful on their journey learning to draw while also helping to motivate their writing.
*Download the Preview file to see this resource in detail. To download, right click on the word, “Preview,” toggle to, “Open in a new tab,” and select that option.
- 1 Step-By-Step Drawing with 6 Steps Per Drawing
- Space To Draw
- Descriptive Sentence Writing
- Write The Word
- Correlating Phonics Or Grammar Activity
- Correlating Vocabulary & Verbs
- Story Writing
- Car, Bus, Plane, Truck, Train, Boat, Bike, Sailboat, Motorcycle, Skateboard, Roller Skates, Shoes, Rocket, Tricycle, Skis, Surfboard, Sled, Snowmobile, Taxi, Hot Air Balloon
- Dragon, Fairy, Gnome, Mermaid, Knight, Troll, Ogre, Pirate, Unicorn, Werewolf, Vampire, Potions, Wizard, Alien, Spaceship, Superhero Boy and Girl, Mummy, Treasure Chest, Treehouse, Princess, Prince, Fairy Hut with Flowers
- Party Horn (New Year), Heart Hands (MLK, Jr Day), Candy Box (Valentine’s Day), Chinese Dragon (Chinese New Year), Pot of Gold (St. Patrick’s Day), Basket with Eggs (Easter), Earth (Earth Day), Mosque (Ramadan), Piñata (Mexican Independence Day), American Flag (4th of July), Honeypot and Apple (Rosh Hashanah), Juneteenth Flag (Juneteenth), Pumpkin (Halloween), Sugar Skull (Day of the Dead), Turkey (Thanksgiving), Dreidel (Hanukkah), Christmas Tree (Christmas), Kinara (Kwanzaa), Diya (Diwali), Poinsettia (Las Posadas)
- Fall – Scarecrow, Owl, Sunflower, School, Tree with Falling Leaves; Spring – Frog, Baby Bird in a Nest, Flower Vase, Watering Can and Gloves, Kite; Summer – Popsicle, Sunglasses and Flip Flops, Watermelon, Sun, Pool Floatie; Winter – Penguin, Polar Bear, Hat and Mittens, Snowflakes, Hot Cocoa
- Alligator, Beach Ball, Crayon, Drum, Elevator, Fish, Goat, Helicopter, Igloo, Jelly, Koala, Lion, Money, Nachos, Ostrich, Paint, Quilt, Rose, Sandwich, Tractor, Umbrella, Volcano, Wagon, X-Ray, Yo-Yo, Zebra
- Built-in Academics: Directed Drawings give the students an artistic outlet while still connecting them with reading, writing, and phonics activities.
- High Engagement: Hook your students with the drawing, extend the learning with the grammar, phonics, and writing activities!
- Simple Step-By-Step: Each drawing contains only six steps so all your learners can complete the task successfully.
- Other Beneficial Skills such as following directions, step-by-step processes, and fine motor are all being practiced!
- Flexible Use/Differentiation: K-2 students will be able to use many or all components.
- Wide Variety of Topics: This ensures that all learners will find something they love.
- Stress Relief: Coloring is a stress reliever – give everyone (including yourself!) some much-needed relief.
- Paper Conscious: all of this comes on one double-sided page!
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
- Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
- Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credits given to ETTC as the author and a link back to the Education to the Core shop is included in your post/presentation.
- Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Garcia and a link back to the Education to the Core shop.
You May Not:
Categories: Fall, Holiday, Spring, Summer, All Products, GRAMMAR & WRITING, Winter, Phonics, Sight Words, Vocabulary
- Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
- Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
- Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
- Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.