Education to the Core heard your calls and developed an entire resource dedicated to phonics-based I SPY Activities – updated to include 84 activity pages!
Beyond just the phonics skills practice, these worksheets help your students strengthen their visual discrimination, while building their attention and focus skills. (It takes some time and patience to find all of the images in each activity.)
Just imagine how quiet your classroom will be! This is such an engaging activity, your students will be begging you to do them every day. And with the number of pages you have at your fingertips, you can definitely include them weekly in your plans for the entire year!
That’s 84 I SPY Phonics based printables that include:
- Blends: S, L, R (3 pages)
- Mixed Blends (5 pages)
- CVC by Vowel (5 pages)
- Mixed CVC (5 pages)
- CVCe by Vowel (4 pages)
- Mixed CVCe/CCVCe (6 pages)
- Digraphs: sh, th, ch, wh, ph, ck (6 pages)
- Mixed Digraphs (3 pages)
- Diphthongs: -au, -aw, -eigh, -ew, -oi, short -oo, long -oo, -ou, -ow (towel), -ow (snow), -oy (11 pages)
- Mixed Diphthongs (5 pages)
- R-Controlled Vowels by Vowels (5 pages)
- Mixed R-Controlled Vowels (3 pages)
- Vowel Teams: -ai, -ay, -ea, -ee, -oa, -ie, -oe/-ui, -ue (8 pages)
- Mixed Vowel Teams (4 pages)
- Mixed Double Consonants (3 pages)
- Mixed Hard and Soft C and G (2 pages)
- Mixed Silent Letters (3 pages)
- Mixed Three Letter Blends (3 pages)
Why I Spy?
- Comprehensive: I Spy Phonics covers a wide variety of phonics skills for K-2 students.
- Engaging: Students are doing something engaging while they practice their phonics skills at the same time!
- Flexible Use: I Spy can be used for lesson practice for the provided phonics skill, review, small group, morning work, and more!
- Help Students with Visual Discrimination: Students will need to use close inspection of the provided images to locate the one they need.
- Encourages Focus and Attention: Students need to pay close attention to find their pictures.
- Fine Motor Skills: Students will be able to hone their fine motor skills to color small images after they locate them.
- Fun For All!
Thank you for your purchase! By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Emily Garcia/Education to the Core, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
- Use items (free and purchased) for your own classroom students, or your own personal use.
- Reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there are both credits given to ETTC as the author and a link back to the Education to the Core shop is included in your post/presentation.
- Distribute and make copies of free items only to other teachers PROVIDED there is credit given to Emily Garcia and a link back to the Education to the Core shop.
You May Not:
Categories: All Products, Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, READING, Sight Words, Vocabulary
- Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
- Sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale/free.
- Post this document for sale/free elsewhere on the internet. (This includes Google Doc links on blogs.)
- Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above. Thank you for abiding by universally accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.